The Dort Drive-In was the first drive-in to be built in Flint, Michigan. It opened August 29, 1946 with a capacity for 700 cars. By 1955 it had expanded to have a capacity for 1,406-cars and was operated by W.M. Rice and Cooperative Ct. having been renamed Dort Eastside Drive-In. The Dort Eastside Drive-In closed in 1963. It was demolished in July of that year to make way for a new Mall.