Source: Cinema Treasures
The Dearborn Drive-In opened in 1948 by Komer and Goldberg and had space for 1040 cars. During its early years, the drive-in also boasted a mini-train ride for children. The Wisper & Wetsman chain acquired the Dearborn during the 60s, and operated it until 1979, when it was taken over by Wayne Amusements, which added a second screen shortly thereafter, and increased capacity to over 1200. The drive-in was closed in 1985, and demolished two years later to make way for a shopping center.