Southgate, a small suburb southwest of Detroit near Wyandotte, was blessed with two great drive-ins, the Fort George Drive-In and the Michigan Drive-In. The Michigan Drive-In opened July 22, 1948 with Larry Parks in “The Swordsman”. It had a capacity for 900 cars when it first opened; this was later increased to 1,200 after a renovation in 1977. Like its brother on Fort Street, the Michigan Drive-In was operated by Nicholas George and Co-Operative Ct. The Michigan Drive-In closed in 1984.