Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
The LaSalle Garden opened in 1920, and as its name would imply, featured an auditorium decorated to resemble a walled garden, similar to C. Howard Crane's Garden, better known by its later name, the Sassy Cat. It was designed by Christian W. Brandt, and was one of the largest of his many Detroit-area movie houses, seating just under 2000. The theater was renamed the Century in 1930, and remained in operation until 1954. During the 70s, the former theater was completely gutted, and rebuilt as a car wash, which has long since been torn down.