Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Source: Cinema Treasures
The Krim, designed by Charles N. Agree in his usual Streamline Moderne style, opened in 1941. It could seat over 760. During most of the 50s, the Krim screened art and foreign fare, and featured a nearly year-long run of "Julius Caesar" with Marlon Brando, which outgrossed most of the downtown movie palaces. Later renamed the Trans-Lux Krim, the theater turned to pornographic films in the 70s and 80s, before being purchased by the Revival Tabernacle Assembly of God church in 1990. Still owned by the church, the former theater is now dwarfed by the church's new building next door, which opened in the summer of 2002.