From Cinema Treasures
The Chippewa Drive-In opened in July of 1950 with a capacity for 275 cars. The car capacity was expanded to 500 in the 1970’s. The opening night movie was “Ma and Pa Kettle Go to Town” with Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride. The Chippewa Drive-In was last operated by Goodrich Theatres and closed sometime in the 1980’s.