Frandor Shopping Center, in Lansing, Michigan, is located at the very eastern edge of the city bordering the neighboring city of East Lansing and freeway US Highway 127. It is a 450,000-square-foot (41,800 m2) strip center anchored by a Kroger supermarket, HomeGoods, Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Guitar Center, and Cost Plus World Market.
Frandor was the first shopping center in Lansing and the second in Michigan, opening in 1954, shortly after Northland Center in Southfield, Michigan. The shopping center was originally owned by Francis J. Corr, and was named using a conjunction of his and his wife Dorothy's name.
Before beginning construction, Corr secured Sears as Frandor's anchor store. Corr negotiated a swap with the Sears in Lansing, buying the old store and selling the south 14.5 acres of the Frandor site to Sears. Corr then built and "fixtured" the new Sears store.
In 1972, the formerly open-air center was enclosed, and several new storefronts were added. This enclosure was removed in 1998, while adding several big-box stores to either end of Kroger, then the center's western anchor.
On November 7, 2019, it was announced that Sears would be closing this location a part of a plan to close 96 stores nationwide. The store closed in February 2020.
In 1967 the Spartan Twin (later Spartan Triplex) opened in the Frandor Shopping Center. The theater played the Rocky Horror Picture Show on Saturday nights. The establishment was closed in February 1994 and later used as a Discovery Zone.
The Odeon was a small film house in Frandor owned by Frank Leahey that featured foreign and independent films. It is no longer open.