Source: Cinema Treasures
Designed by H.D. Ilgenfritz and opened in 1928, this small 550-seat theater operated as a 24-hour house, and was popular with second-and-third shift workers. Its most notable feature was its large vertical marquee, towering over the unassuming facade, and topped by a circle with a bright red star in it, its name spelled out below. After nearly three decades in operation, the Loop was closed in 1956 and has since been razed.