AKA Empress, Theatorium - Thanks to Ingham County Theatres for info
Source: Lansing Public Library
The Capitol Theater was located at 204 N. Washington Ave was managed, as stated in a LSJ article (1955 ?), by Butterfield Theatres of Detroit Michigan. The building was owned, in 1955, by the Claude Cady estate. The current manager at that time was Harry Hayden, who moved on to manage the Esquire Theater at 122 E. Michigan Ave. The Capitol had a second run movie policy or as we like to term it today, a cheap seat theater. The second run policy was now in place at the Esquire which had been closed for several months but was reopen with the close of the Capitol and the Southtown Theatre. All three theaters were managed by the Butterfield Theater Group. The Capitol operated between 1912-1955 (?) and its former names were the Empress and the Theatorium.