Source: Cinema Treasures
The Roosevelt was designed by Christian W. Brandt and H.D. Ilgenfritz as a sister to the Cinderella, which opened a year earlier (1924) and sat about a hundred more than the Roosevelt's 1770. Like the Cinderella, it was designed in Spanish Colonial style. The theater was renamed the Imperial for one year (1929) before returning to its previous name. In 1954, the Roosevelt was closed, and demolished not long afterwards.