Formerly operated by Max Taylor
Source: Cinema Treasures
Another one of the multitude of Detroit-area theaters designed by C. Howard Crane, the Russell opened in 1917 for both vaudeville and motion pictures, and its auditorium could seat just over 1400. It contained a full stage, a large balcony, orchestra pit, dressing rooms and theater organ (added later). Though initially popular, attendance at the Russell decreased substantially through the late 40s. It closed around 1950 and has long since been razed.