Source: Steve Bielawski
In 1930 or so, Stanley Oleszkowicz built and started running the Stanley Theatre. He first rented out and then sold the Chopin to someone who owned another theatre across the street, who played American films in one theatre and Polish films in the other.
In 1930, the Oleszkowicz family opened the Stanley Theatre. That theatre hosted St. Christophers Catholic Church until they built a permanent building, with Mass on Sunday morning and movies after the churchgoers left. (Thats not so unusual; when a new parish is founded, they like to start having Mass as soon as possible.) The Stanley did have an organ, even though silent movies were out of vogue when it was built. Indeed,
Stanleys daughter, Anne, was the organist for St. Christopher's. Once St. Christophers moved out, Friendly Baptist Church started borrowing the theatre on Sunday mornings. They never moved out. Stanley Oleszkowicz built the Atlas and opened it in 1938 or 1939. At that point, Stanley sold the Stanley Theatre to the Friendly Baptist Church, which used it as their home for at least 50 years. It is now a carpet store.