Source: Cinema Treasures
Opened in 1941, the Civic Detroit was an Art Moderne style first-run house, which could seat around 1455. It was also known at various times as the Detroit Civic. In 1980, it was acquired by Eric and Ervin Steiner, who triplexed the auditorium in 1981. It closed in 1984, and was subsequently used as a furniture warehouse, though it retains some of its original decoration.