Source: Cinema Treasures
One of Detroit's larger neighborhood houses, early claims by its original owners that the Regent sat over 3600 seem a bit exaggerated. It most likely sat closer to half that amount. Built for legitimate theater, it later served as a vaudeville venue. The Regent was designed by the firm of Stratton & Von Schneider. It was later operated by United Detroit Theaters, and remodeled in 1953. It closed six years later. In 1961, the theater was rechristened the Center and opened with "One-Eyed Jacks". It was modernized a decade later, but closed once more, for good, in 1974 and razed the next year.