At one point in the late 1960s, there were four separate appliance and electronics retail operations named Adray's in the US, three in Southern California and one in Dearborn, Michigan, with each run by one of four brothers: Mike, Andy, Sam, and Lou Adray. The Michigan location, founded by Mike in 1955, was the first. In 1965, Andy Adray opened a store in Los Angeles and a year later Sam did the same in Van Nuys. A store in Orange was opened in 1967 and was initially owned by Andy and one of their cousins, Eddie Aladray. When Lou Adray moved to the area in 1968, he bought out Andy's ownership in the Orange location and in 1971 became the store's sole owner when he bought out Eddie's share.